Dish 1000+ install postponed...again and again (Michigan)

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
I've rescheduled my Dish 1000+ install about 4 times already..keep getting a call from Dish day before scheduled install asking me to call in to reschedule. I use the automated mechanism and request a date a 2-3 days out... I'm in Michigan, and will use the 1000+ for locals (and HD on 129). Is anyone else in this viscious circle that seems to repeat itself? Maybe I should actually speak to an operator to get the real scoop on 1000+ availability.

Guess I'm not the only one.

dates so far:
7/22/06 - original install date
7/29/06 - first reschedule
8/1/06 - second reschedule
8/26/06 - as of Sunday at ~ 5pm
9/1/06 - as of 6pm last night

They said expect it will be pushed back to October????

Apparently there is a shortage of 1000+ dishes. The CSR would not even attempt to schedule me when I called. She told me I had to buy one from a retailer! Well, that doesn't wash for me so I've got a complaint in to ceo@dishnetwork.com. I don't even want a 1000+ - I want a 500+ because I already have the 61.5 dish setup the way I like it.

MI_GTO said:
Do you have a Superdish now? I'm just gonna convert mine to a 1000+. They put up a dish1000 when I upgraded and my reception hasn't been the same since.

Nope I have a 61.5 and 500 now. HD Detroit locals were recently launched, requiring a +..since I also would like HD I'm getting the 1000+, but may swap the feed to the switch from the 129 to my 61.5 depending on signal strength at 129.

scooby2 said:
Guess I'm not the only one.

dates so far:
7/22/06 - original install date
7/29/06 - first reschedule
8/1/06 - second reschedule
8/26/06 - as of Sunday at ~ 5pm
9/1/06 - as of 6pm last night

They said expect it will be pushed back to October????

Interesting, so did you talk to an operator to get these install dates? I keep bumping it back one day after the next. They keep saying they'll give me a $20 credit due to the inconvenience..so at the rate I'm going I'll rack up hundreds of dollars in credits! :)

The automated system allows only rescheduling a few days out, so I keep doing that a few days at a time.

You might call a local reseller in your area see if they have some in stock. If they do just go through them instead of Dish.

I went with a local reseller in the Roseville area and got my Dish 1000+ installed in mid-July. I went in on a Wednesday and their guy was out installing the dish the next day. 1 day turnaround. Can't beat that.

Not sure what the rule is about posting who it is on this forum so you can email me at dans87 at yahoo dot com for details.

The problem is if you go through Dish the upgrade is free... (If your in an area where a Plus dish is needed) but if you go through a retailer then you need to pay for it.

Thats the difference.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The problem is if you go through Dish the upgrade is free... (If your in an area where a Plus dish is needed) but if you go through a retailer then you need to pay for it.

Thats the difference.
Yup -that's the sticking point for me. I paid $699 for the 942 plus $99 for the 622 plus $199 for my other 622 and I subscribe to HD Platinum plus locals _ I figure that I've paid quite enough for one year...

SALvation said:
I went with a local reseller in the Roseville area and got my Dish 1000+ installed in mid-July. I went in on a Wednesday and their guy was out installing the dish the next day. 1 day turnaround. Can't beat that.

Not sure what the rule is about posting who it is on this forum so you can email me at dans87 at yahoo dot com for details.

What did you pay for your dish plus? Was it an upgarde or a new customer install?

masterdeals said:
What did you pay for your dish plus? Was it an upgarde or a new customer install?

It was a new install, and they cut me a great deal because my family has referred business to them for a while. I got a new dish 1000+, 622 receiver, everything installed on one HD tv and one SD tv and activated for about $120.

SALvation said:
It was a new install, and they cut me a great deal because my family has referred business to them for a while. I got a new dish 1000+, 622 receiver, everything installed on one HD tv and one SD tv and activated for about $120.

Interesting, but I don't think I can go through a retailer to get a free 1000+ that Dish is going to be installing through their own network. At least as far as I know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)