Dish 1000 not allowed? Dual option only.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brodrick

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I finally got the Vip722 and HD upgrade yesterday, and I had requested that they install a Dish 1000 on my house, rather than install an additional dish. Dish Network told me they would always try to replace the dish rather than add another one. The installer (from Star West) told me that Dish Network will not allow them to install a Dish 1000 in Spokane WA, even though other installers in the Spokane area are doing this.

Is there any truth to this or was he blowing smoke up my Kilt :confused:

He also told me that the Vip722 was not capable of using a UHF Pro remote on TV1, which I proved him wrong 4 minutes after he left :smug so his credibility is in question.

Tom

I finally got the Vip722 and HD upgrade yesterday, and I had requested that they install a Dish 1000 on my house, rather than install an additional dish. Dish Network told me they would always try to replace the dish rather than add another one. The installer (from Star West) told me that Dish Network will not allow them to install a Dish 1000 in Spokane WA, even though other installers in the Spokane area are doing this.

Is there any truth to this or was he blowing smoke up my Kilt :confused:

He also told me that the Vip722 was not capable of using a UHF Pro remote on TV1, which I proved him wrong 4 minutes after he left :smug so his credibility is in question.

Tom

I wouldn't install a POS 1000 anywhere anymore.
I believe even a 1000.2 is problematic in your area.
fred

You know what, I have almost the same question. I'm upgrading to HD soon, but the guy I talked to the other day told me I only have a dual dish option as well. I'm from Portland, OR. Does anyone have any info about using a 1000.2 in Portland?? I swear I've seen them while driving around, and I'd like to avoid another dish if possible.

Good to know. I don't mind the second dish, if that's truly the best option, and not just the easiest or cheapest option.

The installer put it below the first dish, and it can't be seen from the road, so it's not that big of a deal.

It would've been nice if the installer had told me the pro's and cons rather than just "dish won't let us". He was in a hurry since he arrived an hour and a half past the "8 to noon" window. He made up time on my install.

Yep, better off with two. I am in the Spokane area (Newman Lake) and have just the one (1000) and my 129 signal is marginal at best. Not unusual to lose a number of channels periodically. I'm sure Dish is starting to realize the problems of collecting 129 in the Northwest.