Dish 1000 problems

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Well, today is the day our RSP unleashed the 1000's on NE Ohio. Not a bad dish. Very, very similar in setting up as the 500.

But...there seems to be a problem experienced by almost all of our techs; not just myself. Seems like there's a software problem associated with all of the dual-tuner receivers. At least out here. Not a single one displays 129 on the checkswitch matrix.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of problem? I'm able to pull in the local channels that are broadcast off of the 129, but during a signal-strength check, the 105 :shocked comes up instead of the 129. Worse! It shows as the wrong bird. Very odd indeed. Feedback and any input would be appreciated. Thanks

129 should show up after you do the download. It's not in the software pre download. Watch dish 1000 on ch 999.

Actually, I did an upgrade from 61.5/110/119 to 110/119/129 at my own home, and even the 625 here doesn't show the 129. But it does show a green "ok" in the checkswitch matrix where the 129 would be. Like I stated before, the channels come in fine. It's just a tad odd to not have the satellite listed on the signal strength or checkswitch matrix.

Why didn't they send out the update before they shipped out the Dish1000's? Was it that difficult at Dish Network to do such a thing? What a screw up.

goaliebob99 said:
an update was sent to these boxes for that lastnight... dont know if its wide or not but let your box get an update and see if that fixes it..

You're absolutely right. Just checked on my home 625 and it is showing 129 now. Just called the office to check in with a supervisor and he's showing the same thing with a few of the installers giving him feedback.

What a total nightmare. Just love it when a new product is released and isn't quite ready for primetime

webbydude said:
You're absolutely right. Just checked on my home 625 and it is showing 129 now. Just called the office to check in with a supervisor and he's showing the same thing with a few of the installers giving him feedback.

What a total nightmare. Just love it when a new product is released and isn't quite ready for primetime
Hey that is typical of DISH Notwerk they have been operating that way for years.

Your receivers in stock do not have updated software so you should download the new software before you go out the customers house until your inventory gets caught up.

rowemance said:
Your receivers in stock do not have updated software so you should download the new software before you go out the customers house until your inventory gets caught up.
Actually, inventory doesn't matter - E* rarely changes factory loads.