Dish 1000 Problems

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
My wife was watching tv last night, and the check switch screen came up. It started going through 1 of 38 checks and would just continue to do this. I did a soft reboot, a hard reboot, I left it unplugged over night and plugged it back in, same thing. I checked all cables and all are ok. On the dish side, I was only using 1 out put so I switched to the other output and no go. I get a 503 error - tells me switch box is bad. I then go and run a check switch and I get a 530 error - and it tells me that I cannont get the full service due to a problem. So, I am assuming I have a bad lnb/switch? I have a Dish Plus Pro lnb. Anything else I can do? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a bad LNB. You could unplug the receiver from the LNB for 30 minutes and then plug back in and see if the LNB resets itself. It pretty much sounds like it's dead though.

With the heat that's been overtaking the US, it's possible it could be a bad connection. Coax shrinks in the heat and expands in the cold.

1 of 38 to me indicates no connection. Check the length of your stingers.

Thanks for the input!

When the test starts, it goes through all 38 of them. I had the receiver off overngith (no power) and still get the problem. I am thinking lnb too. THANKS for the input!

OK, been troubleshooting tonight, and problem is SOLVED! It was a bad diplexer in the line. Luckily I had a spare cable buried out to my shed (where the Dish 1000 is) and was able to by pass the diplexer on both ends and all is good. Thanks to those that offred help! :)

OK, been troubleshooting tonight, and problem is SOLVED! It was a bad diplexer in the line. Luckily I had a spare cable buried out to my shed (where the Dish 1000 is) and was able to by pass the diplexer on both ends and all is good. Thanks to those that offred help! :)

Hey a fellow Waterloo satguys member.

Yes... when a system is counting up to 38 and you have either Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus technology then it's not seeing the LNB... usually means no voltage is getting to the LNB... there is something bad between the rcvr and LNB... when this happens.. Diplexers, connector, barrel, coax, etc...

got a problem like this last week..

it was a bad lnb.

i have a dish 1000, 110 and 129 were comin in good 119 had an "x" changed the lnb and presto!

To update my situation - After I thoguht all was ok, I put my receiver back into my entertainment center........same problem. So, I made new jumpers for the separtor, and that took care of it. It looked like the short cables were getting mashed in the slot for the receiver, and they must have finally gave out. I got the 622 Sept. 06. Thanks again fro all the input! It was sure nice not having to call Dish to fix this :)

I had the same problem a few weeks back, with the counting up to 38. turns out the power inserter had become unplugged! of course i didnt notice this until after calling E* and being told they could have someone out in a week! hell i i know what i'm going to do when the serivce REALLY takes a week to restore for a true issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)