Dish 1000 & Terk TV44 outdoor antenna

wrackless

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
I know this antenna isn't getting rave reviews but we bought this for next to nothing. We have the dish 1000 & really have no need to upgrade as we own a small business & are hardly ever home. All we really would like to do is receive local channels a little clearer. Does anyone have any suggestions for the easiest way to do this? If it's a dumb question I'm sorry. Don't know much about all this.

All you have to do is use the supplied cables that came with the antenna .

1)Use the BLACK cables to run from the lnb to the IN port of the antenna. You will have to take the lnb off and attach the presupplied cabels from the lnb down the arm to the antenna switch itself. For example use port 1 IN and port 2 IN- if you have more than one receiver.
( make sure you cover the connections with the little rubber cone cover to protect from rain)

2)Then take the cables that were origonally run with the dish and run them from Port 1 OUT and Port 2 OUT respectively. That takes care of the out side runs.

Next take the diplexors that they supplied you and put them FIRST on the coax that is run into your house.

1). From the Sat side of the diplexor , you will run a WHITE cable they gave you and run it into the dishpro plus seperator then from there the dual cables that Dish gave you with the install you run them into the two sat IN ports on your sat receiver. ( If you don't have a dual tuner then you can forget about the dish pro plus seperator)

2) Then from the antenna side of the diplexor you can run a WHITE cable to your antenna port of your sat receiver, or in my case I ran it into a seperator that I can split into numerous antenna ports on my vcr, television, dvd recorder, and my FM antenna port on my a/v receiver.

Duplicate this for any other receivers you might have with the diplexors they gave you and you will have both satellite and ota antenna . The only thing you will have to do is play with the antenna to get all your stations by readjusting it to get the best signal on ota signals. I had to play with mine and bend it to the left and stretch it out to the right so it looks a little contorted , due to all three stations towers are not in the same area. I get a 100 strength on my Cbs station and 93 on my Nbc and 75 on my Abc . No fox in digital but I do get them and others in analog as well . Abc is located in a complete different direction. My stations are all within 35 miles away. I get very little signal problems except when the station itself does something like turn off the signal or they have problems at their end. The antenna itself is supposed to be multi or omni directional but you have to adjust it to get the best signal on all your stations. As always your results will vary depending on your situation.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Single LNB

I'll pass the info on to my husband - Thanks! My only concern is that it is an older dish & only single lnb. Will that be a problem?

Go to Home Depot or Radio Shack and get some rabbit ears. I got the RCA one from Home Depot and its got an adjustment knob in the middle. $15. Connect to the antenna input on the receiver. Picks up every local available here.

wrackless said:
I'll pass the info on to my husband - Thanks! My only concern is that it is an older dish & only single lnb. Will that be a problem?

NO you can do it with either a dish pro plus twin or a single lnb if that is all you have.

I just bought a TV44 and it works great in my area. I live in metro Grand rapids MI and can get all of the locals with my weakest being Channel 3- CBS at a 65%-70 signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts