Dish 1000 vs 1000.2 signal strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
For those have used both models what did you see for a signal strength comparison?

DVR or IRD: Menu-Setup-Dish install
Not sure what your trying to say, but I'd just like someone to let me know what, if any, signal strength improvement they have seen with the 1000.2 over the 1000.

The biggest improvement between these two is the 1000.2 is easier to align. The 1000 is much more particular on getting a sutible 129 level. The triple lnb on the 1000.2 has greater receiver capacity..........a winner, overall.

Probably not many of you out there, but has anyone replaced a 1000+ with a 1000.2? The 1000+ is a bit bigger, but there are 3 separate LNB housings for the 4 sats, and I'm wondering if I might get a better signal with the triple LNB on the 1000.2, even though the dish is smaller. (btw, I dont subscribe to anything on 118.7 anymore, so dont need that sat anymore).

If damage occurs to the 1000+ you probably could sub the 1000.2. Otherwise, keep what you have..."don't fix what ain't broke"............

Not sure - if you can measure distances between center of each LNBF, plus a distance between middle LNBF and center of the dish.
I can do same for D1k2. It could be different then it will affect SS, especially for side LNBFs - 110 and 129.

I have a 1000, is it possible to retrofit it with the 1000.2 lnbf using the same reflector? The LNBF is cheaper on ebay.

Not sure if you'd get all the advantage by just changing the LNBF's. The 1000.2 reflector is bigger (about 1.5") in each direction, also.

Brad

What differentiates 1000 from the 1000.2?

Mine is a 1000, but has 1 Dual Head LNB, and a Single Head LNB.

Or is the parabolic antenna a better shape, design (more efficient) w/the 1000.2?

Or does it simply refer to a Single 3 Head LNB vs 2+1 Head LNBs?

Or is it all of the above?

Thanks

The mounting requirement of the triple can not be adapted to the 1000. If you want the triple, invest in the 1000.2. Forget the 1000.

Thank you...

I've been experiencing fairly inconsistent issues w/129.

I had an appointment set for Monday, but after reading posts regarding 129 issues, I called Dish again and reiterated the necessity for me to take the day off for service, and to please make sure the installer has all the correct assets at their disposal to make it a 1 day event.

So in calling Dish, I asked the CSR supervisor to make sure the installer brings a new 1000.2 antenna and LNB. She said she modified the order for the appointment on Monday, 0800-1200.

I hope this will help w/my 129 issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)