Dish 1000 vs Dish 500

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
As dish is moving into a transitional period many of you have been wondering how big is a dish 1000. I have heard it called a mini superdish! Actually its all not that frightening. Here you go a side by side comparison. :) As you can see the dish 1000 is actually the same size if not a tad bit smaller than the dish 500. the only diffrence is its an ovil shape Enjoy! :eureka:

Dish 1000

23 in wide
19 in tall

dish 500

21 in wide
23 in tall

Last edited:
Yes, I have called it a mini-SuperDish but when I said that I did not mean that it was as large, hard to install, expensive as the SuperDish, just similar in shape. Nice side-by-side picture by the way to compare both.

That can be easily done with just the SuperDish name as many people probably think big and bulky when they think of SuperDish.

The twin is DishProPlus (for 110 and 119) while the lnbf for 129 is DishPro hooking up to the DishProPlus lnbf which has a built in switch.

I read in another post that they may have an optional DishPro Twin lnbf instead of a DishProPlus one and a DP-34 switch on the Dish1000 for those that want that one. This would be good for those with three or more single tuner receivers.

heh I think it partially worked out that way with the 1000 and also because it has HD :)

So are they going to make folks go from the 500 to the 1000?? Sound like the advantage with the 1000 is that you get the 129.

Can someone post a up close picture of the RF connections on the Dish 1000? How many out puts does it have is it a quad or only twin with a built in switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)