Dish 211k with tailgater

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John82009

Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Wyoming
Hi, I have a Dish 211k receiver connected to a KING VQ4500 Tailgater Portable/Roof Mountable Satellite TV Antenna which is mounted on top of a camp trailer. Everything works great no issues. My question is there a way to make it lock on to the satellite to where when you start the generator it will not have to find the satellite every time. We camp in the mountains and use a generator to power the trailer. When you turn off the generator and then later turn it back on the dish moves and searches for the satellite every time. Takes 3-5 minutes. I was just curious.
Thank you and I hope I explained myself good.

If you lose power to the 211K each time you turn off the generator it must reboot each time you repower it. That will restart the entire aiming process each time as well.

Thank you for the quick reply. Then my next question is if I hook up in inverter to it and hook it the trailer batteries which would charge when the generator is on but when it is off they would keep power to the receiver. If by some chance the batteries get low or die would that damage the receiver?

Shouldn't cause any damage. The inverter should stop AC output to your receiver when DC input is no longer sufficient.

BTW, it's been reported that the 211k draws about 20 watts when in standby mode and about 22 watts when in use.

I would worry more about running the batteries down too often rather than losing a few minutes while the 211k restarts. Continually running the batteries down to where the inverter shuts down would really shorten the life of the batteries.

I'm not sure on how tolerant the 211k is to dirty power and it may require a pure sine wave inverter to run properly.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)