Dish 300 Single LNB Question

mqshaw

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Indiana
Hello,

I recently bought an old Dish 300 satellite dish to use. I have it up and running and can get a really good signal from the 119 satellite. But, I cannot pick up 110, and am losing some programming accordingly.

Here is my current setup -

Legacy Dish (300) with Legacy Single LNB, connected directly to a DP 311 receiver. Great signal strength on SAT 119.

So, here is my question ...

From everything that i am reading, it looks like my Single LNB (Legacy) only supports 1 satellite. Do I need to upgrade to a newer DishPro LNB - will that automatically provide the switching needed to pick up both 110 and 119? Or do I need to get a Dual LNB with a SW21 switch so that 110 and 119 can be picked up independently and then combined?

The folks at Dish Network are sending me a replacement receiver to try, but I dont think that is the problem. I think that it has to do with the Legacy LNB.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark you need to scrap the dish 300 and upgrade to a dish 500 with a twin LNB. Legacy Twin/Dish Pro Twin or Dish Pro Plus Twin will all work with the 311 receiver. The dish 500 is designed to see 2 satellites at the same time.

Thanks for the fast response.

Are you saying that the 300 dish cannot pick up 2 satellites simultaneously? So, getting a new DP LNB would not help me? I am asking because I only need this thing for 7 months and can live without the additional channels if it starts getting too pricy, I want to a minimal cost solution.

Mark

No the 300 will not work to get (2) sat positions as you don't have the ability to skew the dish (turn like steering wheel).