Dish 300 Single LNB Question

mqshaw

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Indiana
Hello,

I recently bought an old Dish 300 satellite dish to use. I have it up and running and can get a really good signal from the 119 satellite. But, I cannot pick up 110, and am losing some programming accordingly.

Here is my current setup -

Legacy Dish (300) with Legacy Single LNB, connected directly to a DP 311 receiver. Great signal strength on SAT 119.

So, here is my question ...

From everything that i am reading, it looks like my Single LNB (Legacy) only supports 1 satellite. Do I need to upgrade to a newer DishPro LNB - will that automatically provide the switching needed to pick up both 110 and 119? Or do I need to get a Dual LNB with a SW21 switch so that 110 and 119 can be picked up independently and then combined?

The folks at Dish Network are sending me a replacement receiver to try, but I dont think that is the problem. I think that it has to do with the Legacy LNB.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark you need to scrap the dish 300 and upgrade to a dish 500 with a twin LNB. Legacy Twin/Dish Pro Twin or Dish Pro Plus Twin will all work with the 311 receiver. The dish 500 is designed to see 2 satellites at the same time.

Thanks for the fast response.

Are you saying that the 300 dish cannot pick up 2 satellites simultaneously? So, getting a new DP LNB would not help me? I am asking because I only need this thing for 7 months and can live without the additional channels if it starts getting too pricy, I want to a minimal cost solution.

Mark

No the 300 will not work to get (2) sat positions as you don't have the ability to skew the dish (turn like steering wheel).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts