Dish 3000

I thought all Dish 3000 receivers were taken out of service.

I thought the same thing too. I went to service call the other day where this older lady had one. It was working fine, had to think for a second going through the menu though since it has been awhile. btw she had a 2700 in the bed room.

Be customer friendly and see what you can do to upgrade the customer to up to date equipmrnt instead of charging for work that will be obsolite.

Be customer friendly and see what you can do to upgrade the customer to up to date equipmrnt instead of charging for work that will be obsolite.

I did make some recommendations but I don't think the 90 year old lady really cared about HD, or something new. She still thought that the dish works like a TV VHF/UHF antenna. She asked if it could be placed in the attic, like her VHF antenna, used to be in FLA.(tree growth was the problem, so had to be moved over a bit).

There ought to be plenty of those old black remotes on ebay cheap.As long as it's ir I would think it should work.

It's untelling how many old irds are still subbed,3000,1000,4000,27/28/3700,47/4900.Think they did retire the 5000 but not sure.I know they did the 6000.

I did make some recommendations but I don't think the 90 year old lady really cared about HD, or something new. She still thought that the dish works like a TV VHF/UHF antenna. She asked if it could be placed in the attic, like her VHF antenna, used to be in FLA.(tree growth was the problem, so had to be moved over a bit).
My suggestions would be call DISH and see if you could start the upgrade process. You aren't 90 years old and you know that old equipment is "dead". A 311 is basically the same with similar menu.

Any IR remote with green #1 or just IR with or without DVR buttons should work the 3000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts