satellite alignment

30rock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
louisiana
My dish was jiggered by winds from Hurricane Isaac and now I don't have access to many channels on sat 129. How would I go about realigning my dish or will I have to call DISH to get a tech out here, and if I di call DISH will it cost anything to realign?

If you do not have a meter it is best to call dish.. If you have the protection plan it will only cost you $15.00. If not join and get it.. Otherwise it is $95.00

What dish do you have? Is there a single dish pointing for 129? or do you have a dish that points at all 3, 110, 119, and 129?

A single dish for a single sat is fairly easy to re-align even for a owner that's never done one before. A multi-lnb dish can be a real *itch to get just right! If it's a multi, call in and get a pro to do it. It's well worth the money. If you attempt to reaim a multi dish, get ready for many hours of work, learning new words, and for wanting to kick anything around you that gets too close, lol!

primestar31 said:
What dish do you have? Is there a single dish pointing for 129? or do you have a dish that points at all 3, 110, 119, and 129?

A single dish for a single sat is fairly easy to re-align even for a owner that's never done one before. A multi-lnb dish can be a real *itch to get just right! If it's a multi, call in and get a pro to do it. It's well worth the money. If you attempt to reaim a multi dish, get ready for many hours of work, learning new words, and for wanting to kick anything around you that gets too close, lol!

I have this dish [see picture]

ForumRunner_20120903_083618.png

Yeah, that's probably a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish. Get a pro to realign it for you. Believe me, it's the best way to go in a case such as this. Especially since it's hanging way up there. Looking UP while working from a ladder, can be a prescription for emergency hospital treatment when you get dizzy and fall. That's real easy if your eyes lock onto moving clouds with no horizon reference to balance you. Then you'll wonder why you just didn't pay the fee to get it done right.

P.S. TELL them you want (demand) bracing arms added to help support the weight of the dish. The way that's set up, it doesn't take much to make it get out of focus. All the weight is balanced out front, and there's a pivot point way back that depends on some small bolts to hold everything perfectly. Yeah, not a good design when used that way without additional support.

What does the menu 6-1-3 say. If it is saying you have 119 & 110 then most likely it just turned on it's axis a bit in the wind. You can use the output of the the DVR to a small TV to repeak it yourself. Just loosen the nuts on the mount and move it slowly to the E. Peak 119 and then run ck switch. If you get all 3 again move slowly back and forth for the peak on 129 then. It's very unlikely that the skew of the dish changed.

I just want to add that after you get it aligned again, take a paint marker and put marks on all the alignment points. If you put marks on both sides you'll be able to re-align it yourself next time.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Called on Monday and they said the tech would be out in 9/11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts