Dish 301-13 Prepaid Software Question

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
I've got a legal 301-13 with N3 card that I purchased and used for the Dish Now prepaid programming until it phased over to FlexTV last fall. I've decided to activate it again but when I called the prepaid number they said I only had until the end of January to change it over and could not activate it. Well I thought I would change course and activate it with a normal Dish month by month account. It was going well until they asked me for the software version and I told them P452. At that point they said with that software it was a prepaid box and couldn't activate.

My question is I know the 301-13 is still used with normal Dish accounts. With this information I guess the only difference between the prepaid and normal 301-13 is the software version. Is there anyway to update the software from the prepaid P452 to the normal P396 version?? I have tried leaving it in the stream but only tries to update the P452, I need the other version. Really would appreciate if anyone has either done this or has any ideas on how to do this. Other than that I have to purchase another IRD and pay $99 to activate that one!!! I believe if I can get the software changed I will be able to activate this receiver then. HELP!!

Thanks!!

last I checked you could not activate a pre-paid receiver to a "regular" account

I had that happen to me. Got a 301 to add to the account and it was a prepaid one and they wouldnt activate it

I have former dishnow 301-13 it was converted to flex/pay in advance back in sept/oct 09 it still has P452 which is the current version for the 301.13, the 301-10 uses P396, dishnow had nothing to do with receiver firmware anyway it was all smartcard programming. Call back and tell them you want to activate as pay in advance customer, don't even mention that the receiver was former dishnow to the (damm dish donkey clowns) DDDCs. Just tell them whatever they want to hear like yes I have P396 even if you have the other one. Just make sure you get up to latest rev 241 H03 on the smartcard before you bother with activation.

If that doesn't work I have a special number for (Dish Cleanup Crew) DCC at the corp offices which is not the same as exec resolution number.

Last edited:
By Rev 241 H03 do you mean the purple card?? I do have that. And if I call back are they going to have my info as far as what I was attempting to activate yesterday, an IRD with the P452 software?? Will try again!!

Thanks for the info and offer for the DCC number--may need it!!

Wow got success finally!! Have it activated using the P452 software. Called the old prepaid phone number again to see what I could do and he was going to get me setup with the Flex account, but said a regular account would give me more options. I thought he would try to transfer me, but said he could take care of that himself. We went thru all the stages and got me going. He obviously knew I had an old prepaid IRD but was able to set it up as a regular month by month box. He said they are in Texas and the regular folks are in California. He said to call them again if I needed anything as they are easier to work with--I guess so!!! So guess I'm good to go--thanks for the help r10fret!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts