Dish 322 cable splitting.

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Is there a splitter out yet that will spit the dish cable coming in so you dont need to run another dish cable into the house??

thiggin2 said:
Is there a splitter out yet that will spit the dish cable coming in so you dont need to run another dish cable into the house??

Nope, and it will never happen as most subscribers need two Orbital slot for their service since you can only have either OR of one Orbital slots transponders travelling down that ONE cable at one time. If you split it into more than one feed how can other receivers connected ever get access to a different orbital slot from another.

If you have a DUAL Dish Pro LNBF with a Dish 300 and you only need a Dish 300 as you only have Top 60 programing and you don't what to view PPV then you could split that cable and feed more receivers. Although once you decide to get a Dish 500 or want anything more than Top 60 then you are SOL.

John

thiggin2 said:
Yes, it's called a stacker. But it will cost you minimum of $300 just for the hardware to join the signals. The yet-to-be-released DPP44 switch will do just this, but isn't available yet.

There is a splitter out there made by Dish Network. It is a DP splitter. It is mainly used for international programming. On a Dish 300 system using a DPsingle LNB, it will split the output of the single LNB to provide output for more than 1 recvr. It is typically not advised to use to JUST split the signal to cut corners for additional recvr locations. But in theory, On a Dish 300, if you had 2 recvrs, you wouldnt need a Dual LNB, the signal could be split from the single output and feed 2 recvrs. I am looking at one now and the frequency capability is 950-2150MHz.
-Freya1

thiggin2 said:
How much does it cost and were can I get one???
Check EBay for "Dishpro # way splitter" where # is the number of splits you need. There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between 2 and 3 way splitters.

I don't know if you can just purchase one, Or if it is installation specific. In another words, you can get one only if your job requires one. But it wouldnt hurt to check E-Bay. I'm not sure if a regular high frequency splitter will do the same, as Dish may taylor the DP Splitter, to work specifically with their single LNB's.. The frequency range on the DP Splitter is 950-2150MHz. A high freq. splitter ranges from 5-2300MHz, so one would think it would work the same. But that may only be in a perfect world.
-Freya1

But will a splitter work if you have a switch inline??? It talks about using the splitter to split the signal for a "single" LNBF......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)