Dish 322: To dipledx or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattman1968

Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Hi all.

I've searched but haven't found a topic directly dealing with this. Every installation discussion always mentions diplexers, which I don't want to use if I don't have to. My set up is for 3 tvs. 2 on 322 receiver and 1 on 311 receiver.

The 2nd tv hooked up to the 322 looks fuzzy. My thoughts are that the diplexers may be installed wrong but I haven't been able to confirm it with any switches I've made. Everything I try still yields a fuzzy picture on tv2.

Can I just run two cables straight from the dish to the 322, and then take the tv2 out straight to the 2nd tv WITHOUT using any diplexers? I don't see why this wouldn't work, but there hasn't been any straight forward installation guides suggesting this.

Also, running the extra cable at this time is not too much a hassle for me.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can do that. 2 cables from dish to 322 and one out of TV2 to 2nd TV. Why is it dyplexed??? I'm guessing you mean the TV2 feed is reversed dyplexed to carry sat signal in and TV2 out to other TV. You may just need to outoprogram TV two or check the connections.

I agree. I use diplexers when there is no other way around it. To me the least amount if connections and other devices you use in the system the least amount of trouble you will have. Plus it is less time consuming to troubleshoot the system if something does go wrong

I agree. I use diplexers when there is no other way around it. To me the least amount if connections and other devices you use in the system the least amount of trouble you will have. Plus it is less time consuming to troubleshoot the system if something does go wrong. Also try putting TV2 on air ch21 or cable ch73. Sometimes leaving it on default ch 60 TV 2 will have issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)