Dish 3d broadcast format

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
I've asked Dish Network technical staff and they only say that Dish is not committed to 3d just yet. My question is simple, what 1.4a format will they likely use. (e.g. checkerboard, top/bottom, or side/side). I don't know what Direct TV uses, but it is likely the same. Now why would I like to know? Simply my Mit DLP only accepts a checkerboard input and when I supply a source such as a 3d DVR, I have to do a firmware change that allows that DVR to talk directly to the 3d ready TV. So depending upon which format Dish chooses (and secondarily if it will require a different dish receiver), than I need to get a Mit converter.

I've asked Dish Network technical staff and they only say that Dish is not committed to 3d just yet. My question is simple, what 1.4a format will they likely use. (e.g. checkerboard, top/bottom, or side/side). I don't know what Direct TV uses, but it is likely the same. Now why would I like to know? Simply my Mit DLP only accepts a checkerboard input and when I supply a source such as a 3d DVR, I have to do a firmware change that allows that DVR to talk directly to the 3d ready TV. So depending upon which format Dish chooses (and secondarily if it will require a different dish receiver), than I need to get a Mit converter.

I'm sure you'll have to get the Mits adapter. Dish won't be sending their 3D in checkerboard--IF and WHEN they get around to sending it.:rolleyes: They do have a VOD 3D on the 922 ONLY for $7.99. The only source that I know of that can send checkerboard is a Panasonic BDT100/300 or the now discontinued 350 3D bluray player.
Mits 73736 and Sony BDP570 here with the Mitz starter kit.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)