Intermittent problem resetting a recording-related field when recording on the 508 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rekamah

Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
New York
I am still using the 508 receiver, despite the pain that it causes me when I record certain events. The problem seemed to appear sometime after Dish upgraded things to simplify recording of multiple occurrances of an event (so, for example, a single event timer could record all the broadcasts on a channel for the US Open tennis Tournament). The issue is with the "stop time extension" field - for some recordings that we make, this field automatically defaults to 60 minutes. The system then uses this data and extends the record stop time by 60 minutes. This prevents use of the receiver for any other viewing or recording.

It might not sound like much, but it has become quite frustrating in several situations. What is even crazier is that it doesnt happen with all events that I configure for recording. Dish Network technical line states that this is a documented problem, and that there is no fix for it. But I'm a little skeptical, since I dont see evidence of discussion in this forum. Is there actually not a problem with others out there? Or am I now the last person on earth with a 508 receiver?

You are not the last person on earth, I have 3 that are used all the time to record and we have not had this problem.
Are you sure that your main default extension time is not set to 60??

What kind of events are being extended by 60 minutes? When you record a sporting event the timer
is extended by 60 minutes while other events are only extended by 3 minutes.

Mark

Thank you for the replies. Just to be careful, the correct name for the field on my record congifuration display is called "stop late" field. Oddly, as Mark states, its value changes for different types of programming events. I dont think it is strictly sports, but for certain types of events, a value of 60 minutes gets auomatically loaded into the stop late field. When this happens, we can change the field to zero, but the system seems to ignore it, and will not keep it in memory - even if we check the "save as default" box.

Note that for other recording events, that stop late field will come up as a zero, and the system seems to use that value (ie there is no extended time to the recording).

Does your version of the 508 firmware offer the screen to allow you to record multiple events through the set up of a single timer? For comparison, my system setup screen says

Hardware DP508
Software P409

(field e) R0040137505-07
S1945063866-87

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)