Dish 3rd Quarter 2014 10Q

Agreed but right now the bottom line is too high for most and are looking at why.... currently it is because of the tacked on fees and just as big of a deal we have no recourse to get rid of them. I actually think their programming costs are pretty fair but the receiver fees are outrageous and it has caused me to drop to 1h/1j and after the new year I'm dropping it completely. Just can't justify $90 a month for my 2 tv setup so going to give basic cable (and no dvr a try) for $20 through my local cable company.
Good luck with cable. I personally couldn't watch TV without a DVR, but I hope you manage.

Programming prices are "fair" because Dish generates revenue through fees. If Dish dropped all fees, it would be absorbed in base package prices for everyone. The way it's set up now, people with more advanced receivers pay more than those with basic receivers - giving people access at different price points based on what they value. Getting rid of fees means that everyone would pay higher package rates regardless of what hardware they're using or the number of outlets served.

Reactions: navychop and JM42
I agree with Bobby. I haven't been with dish in 8 months, and just being here has kept me in the loop, and also, I have been able to help some people out. This site is for customers by customers. When all is said and done, Scott created it, for people like all of us to help each other out.

It's hard trying to understand the way people think. Here's a fun example from my business. For about the last two years we went to a pricing structure that included the delivery and installation in a certain radius from our store. Our prices are higher but since customers see the final total right in front of them they were good with it and our new pricing worked awesome.

Now we are having a liquidation sale and everything is priced lower and is u-haul only unless they pay more for delivery and installation. It's amazing how many people have said that the fee was too high and preferred to find someone else to install it for them. I try to make the point that the price is still lower than what it was priced when we included the install. They don't see that though, they just see that they have to pay so much for an install that they feel is overpriced. It all comes down to the final dollar and everyone perceives it differently.
Less trouble for you, though.

Lol. With everything else in here, I'm not sure there isn't already. Hell, there is a "what's for dinner" forum.

Open a farm implement forum here!

LOL I don't know a ton about farming or implements yet but I don't really have to. I'll be doing more behind the scenes like accounting and just helping our business run better.

I still plan to be on here but I'll pretty much just be a regular customer at some point. Eventually I will no longer be a retailer and I won't be getting the updates. One of my employees is planning on opening his own business selling appliances and Dish so maybe I can swing a deal with him where I can get emailed all the current retailer news. I'll still have some kind of insider info, I'm just not sure how fast I can relay it to here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)