dish 500 + 129 Legacy & Location

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
K here is my situation:
I live about 30-45 mins (driving) north of Minnesota (thunder bay, ontario) I just ordered up myself a VIP722k to add to my sub. I am assuming I can hit 129 because I am so close to the border.
Would I require a larger pan (was thinking of using an old 18 inch dish), and also is this the correct setup for me for switches:
Currently I am running an SW44 for my dish 500, I was told to continue with that, and with say output 2 and output 3 of the sw44 run a cable each from those outputs to the inputs of 2 sw21s, then run 2 cables from the 129 dish into the other inputs of the sw21, then out to the vip722k?

Also is there a current footprint map of the ciel-2 bird around?

K here is my situation:
I live about 30-45 mins (driving) north of Minnesota (thunder bay, ontario) I just ordered up myself a VIP722k to add to my sub. I am assuming I can hit 129 because I am so close to the border.
Would I require a larger pan (was thinking of using an old 18 inch dish), and also is this the correct setup for me for switches:
Currently I am running an SW44 for my dish 500, I was told to continue with that, and with say output 2 and output 3 of the sw44 run a cable each from those outputs to the inputs of 2 sw21s, then run 2 cables from the 129 dish into the other inputs of the sw21, then out to the vip722k?

Also is there a current footprint map of the ciel-2 bird around?

Ciel 2 footprint: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/150304-ciel-129w-footprints.html#post1539478

K i found a 24 inch dish, got it pointed and got a signal (just waiting on the receiver to arrive), but still wondering if this is correct: Currently I am running an SW44 for my dish 500, I was told to continue with that, and with say output 2 and output 3 of the sw44 run a cable each from those outputs to the inputs of 2 sw21s, then run 2 cables from the 129 dish into the other inputs of the sw21, then out to the vip722k?

Thanks.. Guess I will find out in a few days ;). Ya one of these days I will upgrade to a Dishpro+ LNB and Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)