Dish 500 / 625 BASIC help needed PLEASE!

webfloss

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Blogosphere
Pre-incident: One Dish and One reciever connected to Two different TVs -- professionally installed and working like a charm.

What happened: My DEAR hubby bought a new receiver and tried to install it himself... he disconnected out current WORKING configuration outside ( ? )and didn't bother to LABEL any of the wiring configuration that was present.

Currently: We have no Dish Network on the second TV ( 2 ).

What I could really use: A diagram or a written guide that explains how to get this all back together... please.

What he could really use: A knock upside his head. :rant:

Equipment: Dish 500 and a 625 receiver

Please and THANK YOU!!!

mess.jpg

http://webfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/mess.jpg

with your old receiver, could you watch two different things on each tv or was it the same on both. If so, and you put the 625 in the old receivers place, you need to attach the cable that goes to your second tv to the yellow plug on the back of the receiver that says Home Distribution. Also, what was your old receiver, that will help. Also, try to take a picture of all the cables that go behind your 625. That will help and i can explain it better.

Thanks for your reply!

We could watch different things on each of the TVs.

Let me clarify that he didn't touch any of the wires inside. ( He was trying to add another receiver to completely different TV's, which is different day/another post all together! )

The wires on the outside are the ones that are out of sorts. The wires outside directly connected to the Dish / Coax heading into our home. The picture is where we are at currently regarding the wiring.

Bascially, we just need to go back to square one. Like, if we were to start the day all over and never had touched those dang wires!!!

Thanks again and I hope that helps to clarify!!

:eek:

okay. everything looks fine there but obviously its not. ha. first thing. The wires that are coming in from the top of the box are fine(those are coming from the dish). I would try maybe switching ports the two wires around that are coming off the groundblock(thats the silver thing with the greenwire attached to it). I will say that from first look it actually looks like he took something out of the equation. It is probably a blue or red look splitter. Its actually called a diplexer.

Agree with hawker. Your hubby almost certainly took out the diplexer, along with a short stubby cable, because I see a coax (going to TV2?) that's going nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)