HD PPV + DVR???

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
I have some free coupons for Pay Per View movies, so I was wondering if it's possible to set up an HD PPV movie before it airs, to record it. Then, can I keep it forever?

I know I did this YEARS ago (and I still have the movie on my External Hard Drive), but have they changed the rules since then? Can I time shift HD PPV?

Thanks!

I have some free coupons for Pay Per View movies, so I was wondering if it's possible to set up an HD PPV movie before it airs, to record it. Then, can I keep it forever?

I know I did this YEARS ago (and I still have the movie on my External Hard Drive), but have they changed the rules since then? Can I time shift HD PPV?

You can time shift it for up to 24 hours after it airs I believe. You may not keep it "forever" anymore.

can you watch it?

I can still watch my hot tub time machine too. And I used one of my coupons on The Killers a few days ago and just tried to watch it again and it worked fine. I know some movies pop up and in Yellow say Limited Recording, so I think it depends on the movie, Avatar on 521 says Limited Recording, but 522 The Crazies does not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)