Dish 500 Aiming Problem

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I have an aiming problem with my dish 500. I am in an RV using the bulldog mount on the ground. I set my dish up in Albuquerque NM with no problem 2 days ago. I had a clear shot to the bird.
We are now in Colorado Springs Co. among the pine trees of the USAF Academy RV park.
I have what looks like a perrty clear shot through some pines to 186 degrees AZ. I am getting a good signal on Sat 110 but cannot find Sat 119.
Help I'm despreate. The wife is threatening to chuck it all.

Cover the lnb on the East side of your dish with tin foil. If your signal does not disapear than you have your 119 lnb pointed at 110 sat. Move your dish accordingly.

Thanks for the advise. I covered the 119 LNB and it did not take the 110 Sat off line. I moved the mount & dish back about 10 yards and tweaked the Az. I must have had a tree just within line of sight because I got a 75+ lock on 119. I am in an RV park among trees and have limited space to install my Bullseye mount to focus on the 'bird'. I have found that when I use the mount so close to the ground that I need to add a lot to the elevation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts