Dish 500+ and DishPro Dual LNB possibilities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WVTG

Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
WV
Some newbie questions about some older equipment . . .

I have an older Dish 500+ and DishPro Dual LNB (definitely not DP+). Currently it is pointed to Sat. 118.7 with a signal strength at apx. 50-55. I can access some of the international programming, but do not seem to be able to recieve others; e.g. the chinese broadcast, BON. When I select it, I receive the message that the signal has been lost on transponder 12. Is this a signal strenght issue? Any suggestions?

Also right now there is no switch attached. I'd like to buy a switch (DP34 ?) to access broadcasts available off of the second LNB (sat. 110 or 119 ?) . Is this possible? The receiver is a DP301 running software 450. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
Terry

First of all, your not getting your 118.7 from the DP dual. The 118.7 is FSS not DBS. The DP dual attached should be getting signal from the 110 sat and the 500+ LNB should have a 1F and 2D labeled port on the bottom, the 1F is your FSS 118.7 feed and the 2D is your DBS 119 feed. If you are still not getting signal from transponder 12 go through and check other transponders and see if you are only missing even transponders, if thats the case it will probably be a bad LNB. Also, a 34 switch will work well with your setup and I could not imagine going out and changing over the lines everytime i wanted to change channels.

If you have a 301 receiver, call dish. They are swapping all 301's for 311 receivers. Maybe you could get a service call out of it to install that 34 switch and get your system working right. They now have a DPP 500+ LNB that doesn't require a switch and only needs one line per receiver, so the tech might just throw one of those on to make it easier for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the info. You are right on about the 1F being the feed for the 118.7. It is the only connection now. If I switch the cable to the 2D port, I do get a strong signal from the 119 satellite, although he reciever doesn't seem to be able to receive any programming, even the Dish info channels, perhaps because the 118.7 isn't connected. As I've only used the set up to watch international programming until now, this issue hasn't come up. I would like to get the NASA channel though which I believe is a free channel on the 119 satellite. I'll keep tinkering with it. Thanks again. Terry

If you want to see what is available on the other sats, run a checkswitch after switching the cable. You may have to reboot the rec as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)