Dish 500 and new 811.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scottlaird

Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Will the new 811 receiver work OK with the current Dish 500 or will a person need the Superdish? All I am interested in is the new HD package. No locals or Showtime/HBO HD. I am not currently a Dish subscriber, but I am seriously considering signing up for the 3 room deal and buying the 811 when it becomes available. I am on the waiting list here for the 811.
Thanks, Scott

Yes it will work - but probably not for long. The HDs are supposedly all moving off of 110 - so you'd be SOL on the HD package when that happens.

Chris

The HD channels are now supposed to remain on 110 for much of 2004 (if not longer). Ultimately, he will need the Superdish if he wants additional HD channels, including new channels in the HD package.

Actually I think HD programming will be on the FSS satellite 105. Has to be the Superdish to receive a FSS satellite feed.

Yes, the 105 slot will be used for HD and new locals. The 121 (also requires a SuperDish) slot will be used for internationals. It will be a while before all the international channels move off of the 61.5 and 148 degree slots.

I guess 61.5 and 148 are going to still hold the premium channel HDs? Are they going to be mirrored on 105 and then transitioned? i.e. they aren't and won't be on 110?

dmodem,

The premium channel HDs are already on 105. So yes, they will be mirrored and transitioned, as you say. There is currently no plan (or space) to put premium HD channels at 110.