Dish 500 and superdish 500 rain fade

danwolf101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
OK I set out to have my dish 500 handle my 110 and 119 satelite going to a DP34 switch.And using the superdish 500 as my locals.Well I can only get 110 satellite on the dish 500 and not 119.I have a signal of 106 on 110.I have been fishing around for 119 for about a week.Its funny I get off work at midnight and I break out the socket set and start moving the dish 500 around and my neighbors think I am trying to get ET to phone home.Anyway any advice on finding 119.Thanks the wolf.

skew the dish properly check your elevation and make sure mas is perfectly level. reason you getting 110 is you shooting to high reduce elevation about 3-4 degrees and move it to the right by 5-7,
good luck

119 is really picky - I had to break down and get one of the $15 finders on ebay and then set the receiver in find mode for 119 and then CAREFULLY nudge the dish to find 119. I could pull in 110 like it was next door but 119 would not come in after fiddling with the dish for at least a week.

Hello Forum.Once again I have been living on my roof for almost 2 weeks trying to find 119.110 comes in great.Every time I try to find 119 110 gets stronger and stronger.I thought for a minute I had 119?But I found a bell Atlantic satellite with a great signal but no good to me.I will try this weekend to get that bitch of a bird in.Or go out and spend the 15 bucks for a satellite finder.I could go on my roof and take the dish down throw it in the street,Blind fold myself and put it back up and get 110 perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Glad to hear you haven't given up yet - we'll make a tech out of you yet, hopefully by sunrise. :)

It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to find 119 and 110 with your eye's closed, even in the heavy rain in your area.

It is possible your Dish 500 is a legacy and that will cause you some problems when trying to hook it up through the DP34 switch. Make sure on the backside of the Dish 500 Dual LNBF's or Twin LNBF that there is a black DP on it. If so, continue; if not, you will need to swap the "Legacy LNBF" for a "DishPro LNBF" before going any further.

One zip code for Savannah, GA is 31401, and the Dish 500 settings for 119 and 110 are:

With a Mast that is Plumb, the settings are:
Skew is 131.
Elevation is 38.
Azimuth is 235.

Useful information for the next step.... When looking from the back and over the dish pan at the LNBF, the 119 LNBF is on your left, and the 110 LNBF is on your right.

You should now by-pass your DP34 switch, and hook the 119 LNBF directly to the receiver. Go to point dish and select 119, and TP 11 should work.

In about 3 minutes:) , once you have 119 peaked, switch the cable from the 119 LNBF to the 110 LNBF and look for 110. It shouldn't take much to find and peak 110. Then re-check 119 by switching the cable again.

If while by-passing the switch, the above doesn't work, there are only two possibilities:
...(1) You haven't had enough to drink since getting off of work.
...(2) The mast isn't plumb.

Although you can often compensate your settings for a mast that is not plumb, that is more difficult when using a multi-orbital location (position) dish. It needs to be checked in at least 2 different directions, with the bubble in the center and not half-way across the lines.

EDIT: I forgot one thing, assuming the LNBF is a TWIN -- When you direct connect the cable from the 119 LNBF directly to the receiver, it will be easier if you put aluminum foil over the 110 LNBF. Likewise, when you switch the cable to the 110 LNBF, remove the foil and put it over the 119 LNBF.
This will ensure you can only pick up one orbital location at a time, and it is on the correct LNBF.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)