Dish 500 but need 129

ghostyroastytoasty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beckley, WV
I have a dish 500 pointed at 119 and 110 and another pointed at 61.5. I need 129 for my locals, but I would like to keep my 61.5 dish aimed at 61.5. What kind of equipment should I get to be able to receive 129 in addition to the ones I already have? I currently have the vip622.
If there is anymore info. needed, please let me know. I'm a complete newb in this area!
Thanks!

I'd suggest trying your existing 61.5W dish on 129W (unless you are drawn to programming on 61.5W not available on 129W). Alternative number one would be to acquire a Dish 1000.2 as it won't require any additional switchgear.

The dish 1000.2 works pretty well so far for me in the exact same setup as you want. The 1000.2 LNB is basically a builtin DPP 43 switch so you wouldnt need any other switches to be able to run up to 3 dual tuner receivers. You can get a brand new 1000.2 on ebay for about $90 shipped.

I believe others have said the receiver prefers to use the mirrors of the HD on 129 instead of 61.5, so basically that one would get used much.

How about getting different locals? Like the ones off of 61.5?

You can get 110, 119, 129 on a Dish 500 with a twin lnbf. All you need to do is move the twin's 110 slot to the 119 in which will make half of the twin hang outside the Y yoke. Then you put an lnbf on the 110 slot. If you have DPP twin then you can just run a wire from that lnbf to a DP lnbf at 110. If you have DP lnbf's then you run the wires to a DP-21 or DP-34 switch. If you have legacy lnbf's then you run a wire from the twin lnbf at 119/129 into the single lnbf at 110 into an sw-21 switch. I tried this once and it works great for several months now.

I have a dish 500 pointed at 119 and 110 and another pointed at 61.5. I need 129 for my locals, but I would like to keep my 61.5 dish aimed at 61.5. What kind of equipment should I get to be able to receive 129 in addition to the ones I already have? I currently have the vip622.
If there is anymore info. needed, please let me know. I'm a complete newb in this area!
Thanks!

Ghosty, if you call Dish they should install what you need to get your locals free. If they sell you locals and they are on a satellite that you do not have a dish for, it is their responsibility to make sure you have the right equipment.

I must have made a mistake... I have installed the 1000.2 and I have my 61.5 on the incoming lbnf port. My 129 doesn't show up on the switch... I still have one output free.. but I thought since the lbnf is a switch,it has all the sats on all ports except for the input... AmI wrong? Please direct me in the right direction if so!
Thanks!

Ok I guess I need to get a 3-2 switch? I took a look along the line coming from the sat, and the two lines that are output get combined into one line, and then gets split again right before getting to the receiver... I guess I need to run another cable, and get a switch that handles more, correct?