dish 500 coaxial cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mjneppl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
wisconsin
where do my coaxible cables coming into the house need to go? they run from the dish on the roof into the house. right now one is running to a 3-4 switch thing. cant find the other cable coming in.

the one i can find-- coaxial cable runs to a switch thing --then from there 3 separate cables run off to feed to living room, bedroom, kitchen.

i am having problems with my set-up --keeps turning off--plus i put up a dish 500- and check switch is not showing twin. i changed from the dish 300.
the trouble shooting guide says -i may have a non-dishproswitch or lnb incompatibale

mike

Hard to say without more detail. If that's a DP34 switch, then you need a DishPro twin on your Dish 500 antenna with two cables (one for each satellite location) going to the inputs of the DP34. (The inputs are on the left side.) The outputs (on the bottom) of the DP34 then go to any Dish Network receiver with a 3-digit model number.

You need two cables from your dish that to go to a ground block and then, depending on how many receivers you have, either directly to a receiver or to a switch.

You've given us very little other than to suggest that you're set up for just one slot.

How many receivers do you have?

What programming package do you subscribe to?

Self-installing is overrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)