Dish 500+ & Dish 1000+ Retail Prices, ANOTHER PocketDish Price Reduction !!!

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
The Dish500+ should retail for around $200

The Dish1000+ should retail for around $350

PocketDishes are getting ANOTHER price reduction ALREADY. These are as of June 9, 2006

AV405 - Old Retail Price $199 / NEW RETAIL PRICE $149 / $50 REBATE

AV500 - Old Retail Price $369 / NEW RETAIL PRICE $299 / $50 REBATE

AV700 - Old Retail Price $499 / NEW RETAIL PRICE $399 / $60 REBATE

I did not see whether those come with the DPP44 switch or not but I would imagine that they would at that high of a cost. I couldn't imagine another $150 added onto that just for a dish. I'd say the cost of the switch is the majority of the cost of these dishes. They would have to be included at that kind of a cost.

The rebates are good until 6/30 so it looks like E* is trying to clear out their inventory. I wonder if they have a new/improved PocketDish line on the way? The new prices and rebates make this a tempting offer, but I wonder if I should wait for the new models? Ok, just pulled up Scott's Team Summit post:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Charlie talks about how great the PocketDish is and he slips and says some new models are coming which have built in WiFi which we will hear about later this year.

The WiFi sounds like a nice feature, but the current ViP series receivers do not support it. I would like to know if they will record HD and (I doubt it) and if they will have increased disk storage?

Last edited:
The prices and rebates for pocketdish are up on pocketdish.com

Almost makes me think about getting a second unit 2" for $99 is a great "pocket" unit to go along with my 7" "briefcase" dish.

If new models are coming out then I would wait for them. I see a LOT of new improvements that could come with the new ones. Could be more storage, more capabilities, WI-FI !!!!! Perhaps some other choices when it comes to screen size, more abilities.

They should come out with pocketdishes that would go between the receiver and the television which would make the receiver a DVR. Maybe they could offer some slingbox functionality to them as well to where you can watch your shows anywhere your at from the next generations of PocketDish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)