DISH 500 & EchoStar 9 at 121.0°W

ftaSonic2007

Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Hello, I am trying to see if I can use Dish 500 to poin EchoStar 9 at 121.0°W. I just got a DTV slimline 5 LNB dish and I think I need to point that to 101/110/119... Not sure though. I can leave Dish 500 to point to 110/119 if I can use DTV slimline to point to 121W and get international channels.

Thank you for your help.

What programing are you trying to pick up? You can't really mix D* and E* equipment. Who do you have service through?

I am trying to get the international chennal. May be I can use the D* 500 to point to 148.0°W EchoStar 1/2 .. will that work. Yes I do have service.

Do you have DishNetwork service?

If you do not you cannot address their satellite legally and you cannot use DirecTV receivers to see DishNetwork satellites.

Do not know about your DirectTV 5 LNB dish. I just got DirectTV World Direct dish with 2 LNBs. One LNB there is DBS perfectly working with 61.5 110 119 and 148 locations on Dish Network receiver 3900. Second LNB is FSS and it catching all 121 international channels on same receiver.
I have only one problem so far. I did not find way how to mix 121/110/119 together. I tried to connect 121 with 110/119 Twin LNB via SW21, but cannot get 121, even it's perfectly working when connected directly. I think need to use DP34 switch.

The DP34 and DPP44 or DishPro and DishPro Plus switches, both using DishPro technology. Therefore, those 2 switches will not work with legacy LNBF's - even when using a Dish Network receiver. I suspect the DirecTV LNBF's may be compatible with legacy switches; but in any case, are not DP compatible.

Thanks, SmityWhity. I already read a lot about this compatibility issue, but do not have hands on experience so far with PRO. I bought PRO to Legacy converter on eBay. Waiting for delivery. Hope it'll work.

Do not know about your DirectTV 5 LNB dish. I just got DirectTV World Direct dish with 2 LNBs. One LNB there is DBS perfectly working with 61.5 110 119 and 148 locations on Dish Network receiver 3900. Second LNB is FSS and it catching all 121 international channels on same receiver.
I have only ...

Can someone send me a link where I can find out more about DirectTV World Direct dish? I can then compare that with Slimline Dish.

Its good news that Addax could use DTV dish and E* equipment .. creative.

I got 121 119 and 110 working perfect. Everything legacy. No DP involved. As I mentioned before I use World Direct DTV dish with it's own FSS LNB (Eagle Aspen brand) to point 121. I also use Dish 500 with legacy Twin pointed 110 and 119. Connect LNB outputs to SW21: 110/119 to Dish1 and 121 to Dish2 input. And now most important part to be able to use this configuration FULL check switch should be run. Full 50 steps not 38.