Dish approved to merge with EchoStar.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Those may not have mattered to you,
Partly. I did care about picture quality and since I had, (back then) a projection Home Theater with a VAR 120" screen I would have seen a difference but only VOOM was superior in PQ. I do recognize that sports was a big deal for many and DirecTV did have the NFL contract as I recall. I believe it was extra$$$. I also had an engineer friend who worked for DirecTV. We spoke a few times about issues he had with the company as an employer. His father and I were partners in a TV show.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Let's be clear, he said "DSL" and you are responding with the capabilities of "VDSL", a very different thing. DSL averages about 6Mbps while VDSL can reach 100Mbps. Not the same animal.
DSL is a family of technologies..VDSL is part of that family...VDSL still uses copper but it comes from a fiber fed node instead of a central office..the distance is much shorter over copper so the speed is much faster