Paramount plus

tjboston5676

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2023
Borger, TX
Anyone else having volume issues with paramount plus? It's the worst I've ever experienced. The programming is so low I have to crank it up and then when an ad comes on its so loud my speakers are literally on the brink of being destroyed. No other app has this issue. It's literally a 10-15x volume difference between programming and ads or even regular TV and other apps.

I'm not having volume issues with Paramount Plus, but getting error messages on some programming. So I've switched over to my PS5 which works flawlessly. We recently did the same with NBA TV, which was giving us a strange audio error and not loading.

So after a year of dealing with relatively minor Hopper Plus issues, the app issues have pushed it to the trash pile. Going back to using the Fire Cube and ordered a 3rd Gen with the HDMI input for DISH. Hopefully one TV source like the Hopper +, but a much better experience. I think all I will really lose is the "recent recordings" section on the Hopper + home page, which was a nice one-stop shop.

Was willing to be patient on the Hopper + as it had great potential, but it wasn't ready for prime time at launch, and now not ready for prime time almost 15 months later.

I did turn off dolby digital and that fixed it. I do have a dolby compatibile receiver and never had issues before with it on. But it's fine because my current setup isn't really great for dolby anyways.

There is another issue though, after a commercial it starts you back where you first started playing rather than where you were at during the ad. So have to ff after every ad.

This will be breaking news but Dish has admitted defeat and is pulling all new work orders to install Hopper+ for now
Any updates concerning the Hopper+. If Dish has stopped installing Hopper+ for customers, I would expect more posts concerning this.
Plus no word concerning the loss of Google integration on the Hopper3.

Any updates concerning the Hopper+. If Dish has stopped installing Hopper+ for customers, I would expect more posts concerning this.
Plus no word concerning the loss of Google integration on the Hopper3.
I'm sure this is just til they figure out how to make it a better experience without all the glitches