dish 500 lnb

rmolder1978

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
tn
i am having trouble with 3 dish 500 DP lnb. i can't get any of them to work. can the switches be checked without the lnb mounted to the dish on this type. here is what my screen on my tv looks like when i do a check switch. all three do the same thing. i hope someone can help me.

rodney

Attachments

• 1227092007.jpg
    1227092007.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 205
Bad LNB maybe

i am having trouble with 3 dish 500 DP lnb. i can't get any of them to work. can the switches be checked without the lnb mounted to the dish on this type. here is what my screen on my tv looks like when i do a check switch. all three do the same thing. i hope someone can help me.

rodney

It looks like one of the LNB's has gone bad. before you call in disconnect the sat lines coming in ahd run the chk switch again to clear the matrix. Then hook it back up and run it again and see if it comes back the same. If it does you are missing the 3rd LNB which most likely be bad LNB or maybe bad switch. Could it be the 3rd LNB has gotten disconnected some how?

thanks sir, but i don't have anything hooked to it but the back of the reciever, nothing on the sat in. it's funny how all three can be bad, but i guess that is what you get when you buy for fleaby.

how can i point the dish when the box want read the switch so i can adjust it, shouldn't i be able to do a check switch without the dish pointed at the satellite.

Nothing surprises me.. I once went to a customers house on a service call. They said they couldn't get a signal. When I got there I found the dish hanging out the back window by the coax cable which was held by the closed window. Dish was just hanging and swinging in the breeze. Customer thought the Dish was just like an antenna and all they had to do was hang it out there.. Love all the DIY people out there.. But some people should NOT try to DIY.

I got in the habit of doing a quick visual of the dish and things outside, first, for that very same reason.

We think that if the dish were falling off the roof or knocked over, the customer would have noticed and alerted us to it. Not always the case!

It didn't take long to find out that sometimes all you need to do is look at the dish and the cables coming from it to know where the problem is.

Nothing surprises me.. I once went to a customers house on a service call. They said they couldn't get a signal. When I got there I found the dish hanging out the back window by the coax cable which was held by the closed window. Dish was just hanging and swinging in the breeze. Customer thought the Dish was just like an antenna and all they had to do was hang it out there.. Love all the DIY people out there.. But some people should NOT try to DIY.

From your keyboard to the ears of customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts