Dish 500, Name not aquired

xjakdanylx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 4, 2008
hi,

recently had a dish 500 installed in replacement of the superdish.

after install all seemed ok.
next day, noticed a few missing channels, 208 for sure.

checked out signal strength and found when looking for 119 meter would state
locked : name not aquired on all the odd transponders.

when i preform a check swith it brings back the channels and all is fine.

however, either after a day or 2 or by doing a reset by holding down the button on the reciever....... the problem returns.

do another check switch & the problem is fixed.

any ideas or help is appreciated.

checked out signal strength and found when looking for 119 meter would state locked : name not aquired on all the odd transponders.
Bizarre. Since this is a new install, you probably got DishPro (bandstacked) LNBs. Bandstacked LNBs require cabling to pass up to ~2GHz. So, if your cabling isn't up to snuff, you could lose the bandstacked frequencies. Trouble is, the even transponders are bandstacked, not the odd.

What kind of receiver do you have? Can you test with another receiver, or else another tuner on your one receiver? Any switches involved?

Bizarre. Since this is a new install, you probably got DishPro (bandstacked) LNBs. Bandstacked LNBs require cabling to pass up to ~2GHz. So, if your cabling isn't up to snuff, you could lose the bandstacked frequencies. Trouble is, the even transponders are bandstacked, not the odd.

What kind of receiver do you have? Can you test with another receiver, or else another tuner on your one receiver? Any switches involved?

thanks for your response,
note, this was not a new install but a replacement for the superdish & dp34 switch for another issue.

i have a dish dvr 522.
switch is a dp34.

dish originally told me it was the dvr 522 so they sent out a replacement.
stated that it was not locking on to the signal.
told them that it seemed to be to much of a coincidencethat this issue took place 1 day after the superdish and dp34 was replaced.

replacement 522 does the exact same thing as the old box.

no other receivers to test with.
tuner inputs 1 & 2 have similar results.

I'd try a new LNB in the 119W position. Missing one polarity is a sign of a failed LNB.

Good Luck, Eric

thanks eric,

however, what is your opinion on the fact that when a check switch is performed the issue corrects itself for a while.

thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)