Dish 500 - NHL Network - Channel 5353

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris Shalvoy

Original poster
Nov 11, 2019
cold brook, ny
Good morning,

I have a second home and have the following setup - VIP211k, 2 LNB 500 Dish. I'm aimed at 110 and 119 with 50% signal.

I subscribe to the NHL Center Ice Package and receive all games (except Islanders home feed and Sabres games which are blacked out - another issue no one can seem to tell me why if Spectrum and Direct get both in the same location).

At home (Rochester, NY) , I get 5353 (on the VIP211k) which usually changes over to the away feed (this is the Islanders "home" channel) when the game begins.

At the second home, 5353 isn't even on the guide and I was unable to get the away feed on channel 5336 Saturday even tho listed. I get an "Channel Signal Loss" 11-12-11. Other channels in the same range work fine, this is consistent for 5353 - skips right by it in the guide, not even there.

I've gone thru the reboot, program guide update, reset from Dish -all that many times.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - very frustrating.

Chris

Good morning,

I have a second home and have the following setup - VIP211k, 2 LNB 500 Dish. I'm aimed at 110 and 119 with 50% signal.

I subscribe to the NHL Center Ice Package and receive all games (except Islanders home feed and Sabres games which are blacked out - another issue no one can seem to tell me why if Spectrum and Direct get both in the same location).

At home (Rochester, NY) , I get 5353 (on the VIP211k) which usually changes over to the away feed (this is the Islanders "home" channel) when the game begins.

At the second home, 5353 isn't even on the guide and I was unable to get the away feed on channel 5336 Saturday even tho listed. I get an "Channel Signal Loss" 11-12-11. Other channels in the same range work fine, this is consistent for 5353 - skips right by it in the guide, not even there.

I've gone thru the reboot, program guide update, reset from Dish -all that many times.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - very frustrating.

Chris
I can't help you with your problem, other than you need to upgrade top a High Def dish and that area is on Eastern Arc, 61 and 72 Satellites. I'm from Buffalo, originally and the reason Sabres games are blacked out is simply, Dish doesn't have a contract with MSG Sports. I worked back there in 2017 for a month and was frankly appalled that you couldn't watch Sabres games on Dish, but then, I never understood why Sabres were on MSG in the first place. I think Adelphia started that contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)