Dish 500 Plus antenna questions

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
So I found this Dish 500 Plus antenna out in my garage, think a neighbor gave it to me when he upgraded, complete except for the LNB. Was curious if I can use this with my west arc 110, 119, 129 LNB setup? It is around 23" X 30" and would increase my signal compared to my 1000.2 setup. I have read it was used to include the 118 sat but obviously not used for me. Is there an LNB bracket I can use to attach my 3 LNB to it? It was used on the west arc satellites so would think the shape would account for picking them up. Also I would think the feedhorn arm is the proper length to point the LNB's to the sweet spot.

Attachments

• 20210619_120639.jpg
    20210619_120639.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
So I found this Dish Plus antenna out in my garage, think a neighbor gave it to me when he upgraded, complete except for the LNB. Was curious if I can use this with my west arc 110, 119, 129 LNB setup? It is around 23" X 30" and would increase my signal compared to my 1000.2 setup. I have read it was used to include the 118 sat but obviously not used for me. Is there an LNB bracket I can use to attach my 3 LNB to it? It was used on the west arc satellites so would think the shape would account for picking them up. Also I would think the feedhorn arm is the proper length to point the LNB's to the sweet spot.
Here is a list of DISH reflector sizes I have made up. I think it is accurate. Anyone chime in if it isn't and I will correct it.

Attachments

• Dish Reflector Size.pdf
    202.9 KB · Views: 152
So I found this Dish 500 Plus antenna out in my garage, think a neighbor gave it to me when he upgraded, complete except for the LNB. Was curious if I can use this with my west arc 110, 119, 129 LNB setup? It is around 23" X 30" and would increase my signal compared to my 1000.2 setup. I have read it was used to include the 118 sat but obviously not used for me. Is there an LNB bracket I can use to attach my 3 LNB to it? It was used on the west arc satellites so would think the shape would account for picking them up. Also I would think the feedhorn arm is the proper length to point the LNB's to the sweet spot.
There is not a way to use it with a 1000.2 LNB, BUT if you point to Western Arc if you got the correct LNB setup with it (DPP 500+/DP Single/Dual, it would work fine and get you anything on 118 that's not part of an al a carte package

There is not a way to use it with a 1000.2 LNB, BUT if you point to Western Arc if you got the correct LNB setup with it (DPP 500+/DP Single/Dual, it would work fine and get you anything on 118 that's not part of an al a carte package
Are the above LNB's available yet? And will it work with my VIP-211K?

I did find the DPP 500+ LNB and probably have a DP single sitting around. The pic shows what is attached to the end of my LNB arm, it looks like that has to come off and the DPP mounts directly to the arm? And the 129 arm mounts to the DPP?

Attachments

• 20210619_162114.jpg
    20210619_162114.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 104
Yes, that is how I keep track of the various International channel free previews that I list in my monthly threads, along with all of the other free previews. :)

I did find the DPP 500+ LNB and probably have a DP single sitting around. The pic shows what is attached to the end of my LNB arm, it looks like that has to come off and the DPP mounts directly to the arm? And the 129 arm mounts to the DPP?
You have the original style Plus dish LNB bracket, which is exactly like the one I use. The LNB for 118/119 goes in the center of the bracket, with a separate DP single (or dual, if you prefer) in each of the other slots, for 110 and 129. Could you post a picture of your 500+ LNB, to make sure you have the correct LNB to mount on that bracket?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, that is how I keep track of the various International channel free previews that I list in my monthly threads, along with all of the other free previews. :)

You have the original style Plus dish LNB bracket, which is exactly like the one I use. The LNB for 118/119 goes in the center of the bracket, with a separate DP single (or dual, if you prefer) in each of the other slots, for 110 and 129. Could you post a picture of your 500+ LNB, to make sure you have the correct LNB to mount on that bracket?
Sorry I don't have a 500+ LNB in my possession, I meant to say I found them for sale at a few places.....here is a pic of the one I am looking to buy...according to what I have read this LNB serves 110, 118.7, and 119. Only one wing is required for 129....

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: HIFI
Take that off and use the bracket that comes in the New LNBF. That is for the old DPP 500 LNBF.
1624195647616.png

Sorry I don't have a 500+ LNB in my possession, I meant to say I found them for sale at a few places.....here is a pic of the one I am looking to buy...according to what I have read this LNB serves 110, 118.7, and 119. Only one wing is required for 129....
Correct. In the box is the sidearm to connect the DP Single/Dual for the 129. Just run a jumper from the DP Single/Dual out to the 4th port on the DPP 500+

This is the one hanging in my garage for a rainy day

PXL_20210620_133112505.jpg