DISH 500 Plus Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Electro960

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hello.

I am in need of assistance with self-installing a DISH 500 Plus so I can receive programming on the 118.7 orbital slot. I'm using a DP DBS/FSS LNBF and have 2D connected to port 1, 1F connected to port 3 and a DP single 110 deg connected to port 2 of my DP34 switch. Satellite in port 1 is connected to my DP301 receiver. When I initially run a switch test, the receiver detects connections on ports one and three (119 and 110) but states NC for port 2 (148). Shouldn't the receiver automatically detect connection to the 118.7 slot even if the dish isn't properly aimed yet? I've done some preliminary dish aiming by taping the LNBF to my 6ft C-Band dish while I wait for the cement to dry for the base of the DISH Network dish and got weak signals on 119 and 110 but I'm concerned that there is no connection detected on port 2 yet. I switched out the DP34 switch and DP301 to DP311 with no luck. The wiring is not a problem since its the same I use for C and Ku Band with no issues. Could it be an issue with the FSS part of the LNBF? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What do you mean by 148? 118 will be 118 on the point dish screen. If have good signal on both 110 and 119 you should have signal 118.7 because it is only three tenths of a degree off of 119. Also the switch order should be 119/110/118 not 119/118/110.

What do you mean by 148? 118 will be 118 on the point dish screen. If have good signal on both 110 and 119 you should have signal 118.7 because it is only three tenths of a degree off of 119. Also the switch order should be 119/110/118 not 119/118/110.

Oops. Not 148, I meant 118.7. I do have the switch order aligned to 119/110/118. However, the DP301 is saying that port 3 is not connected. Perhaps I need to align 119/110 with a strong signal for that to change?

118 is much weaker than the others, hence the need for the bigger dish. You could be receiving the other two but still be misaligned a little bit and get nada on 118. Either that or else your 118 LNB is truly defective. Edited to add: No wait. This is DP equipment. If no DP LNB is detected at all, that suggests the cabling or the LNB or the switch is bad. Also, switch ordering is unimportant. I've been running my DP34 for years with 110/119 swapped.

Suggest plugging the 118 LNB directly into the receiver and see if you "see" something.

118 is much weaker than the others, hence the need for the bigger dish. You could be receiving the other two but still be misaligned a little bit and get nada on 118. Either that or else your 118 LNB is truly defective. Edited to add: No wait. This is DP equipment. If no DP LNB is detected at all, that suggests the cabling or the LNB or the switch is bad. Also, switch ordering is unimportant. I've been running my DP34 for years with 110/119 swapped.

Suggest plugging the 118 LNB directly into the receiver and see if you "see" something.

all good advice, the port that is connected to the 118 lnb should say "conn", not "nc" if it is not seeing a signal and the switch order will be however you have them connected to the switch and is a non-issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)