dish 500 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rmolder1978

Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
tn
ok, ladies and gentlemen, i need help. i have a dish 500 with a dp lnb, it is mounted on the over hang of a house. i have a good clean signal of 89 to 119 but can't dial into the 110 dish. what am i doing wrong. i live in tn, the skew is 122, elevation is 38 and azimuth is 222. i had to put the dish at elevaton 41 to get 119. hope someone can help with this.

I put the Nashville zip onto dish pointer and got your exact numbers.

Check the mast of the dish and make sure it is exactly vertical.

Also cover the 110 lnb and be sure you are receiveing 119 on the 119 lnb and not on the 110 lnb.

If that is the case, turn the dish 10-12 degrees east and drop the elevation back to 38.

Follow above advice. If trees aren't a problem, settings or LNB failure could be the problem. Also check cabling and connections for moisture.

ok, guys thanks for all ya's help, i am going try to fix it as soon as it warms up, i think my biggest problem is that i mounted it an overhang on an old house and it moves way to much. so i am going mount it to the roof and try again. hopefully just moving it a bit and tweaking it will fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)