Dish 500/single lnb for 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

putty

Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
hey after spending hours trying to get 61.5 on a single lnb Dish 500 I'm trying to do some inside trouble shooting (raining outside), I had my 301 on my roof with a tv (would'nt dare bring my 722 on the roof) and just had no luck, on the dish install screen it would not give me settings for 61.5 and a 500 dish only settings for 61.5 w/300 dish. My question is there any different settings for a single lnb 500 dish? "satelilite finder online" lists -14 skew, never saw that before, could that of been my problem?
thanks for any ideas,
putty

Settings may be off just a hair due to lnb not in the center of the dish, but the biggest problems would be that the skew needs to be set to 90, not -14. Not sure why it's stated like that.
I'm ready to go garbage hunting for an old 300 dish, my skew was set to 90, and I was ready to jump off the roof in frustration,
thanks
putty

500 is bigger and better. Recommend you persevere a bit longer.

Note that the 301 cannot demodulate turbo 8PSK, which Dish uses for it's HD programming. The lowest transponder that your 301 can "see" is #8.

The Dish 500 with a single centered LNB is treated like a 300 single.
The skew applies only for multiple LNB dishes to line up the outer LNBs with the focus.
With a single LNB use the 300 numbers. (Skew does not matter.)

With a vertical pole exactly vertical just set the nominal elevation and approximately aim the magnetic compass direction for the azimuth. If you get a signal then you can fine tune--push opposite edges of the disk with someone watching the meter on the menu-6-1-1 screen set to 61.5/300 TP say 12(?). Then loosen and make small changes in the indicated direction. Tighten and repeat for the other orientation and repeat the whole thing once more. You should get to the 40s.

-Ken

The Dish 500 with a single centered LNB is treated like a 300 single.
The skew applies only for multiple LNB dishes to line up the outer LNBs with the focus.
With a single LNB use the 300 numbers. (Skew does not matter.)

With a vertical pole exactly vertical just set the nominal elevation and approximately aim the magnetic compass direction for the azimuth. If you get a signal then you can fine tune--push opposite edges of the disk with someone watching the meter on the menu-6-1-1 screen set to 61.5/300 TP say 12(?). Then loosen and make small changes in the indicated direction. Tighten and repeat for the other orientation and repeat the whole thing once more. You should get to the 40s.

-Ken
I'm going to try this again with my 722 on the roof with a known transponder, either it was the 301 not seeing transponders or I got a bad lnb, I didn't think it was skew, thanks
putty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts