Dish 500 vs Dish 300 for 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I put up an older I think they where called DISh 300(original 18" dish) for 61.5.

Signal sorta weak most TP around 78.

I put on a new Dish Pro dual LNB with it.
A customer of mine came in friday said he would give me a DISH 500 if I wanted, now he used it for 110,119 sats.

I think it has a TWIN lnb (non PRO )

If thats right and with my DP 44 switch I would need my new dual LNB.I think I can get a I adapter or some adapter needed to put my pro dual lnb on dish 500 arm.

So I guess the question is I think a 500 dish is a bit larger would I see any increase in signal.

Trido

dfergie said:
You should, you can put the Dp lnb on one side of the Y , set the skew to zero...
Ok thanks well I have not seen a Dish 500 but thought my dish pro dual lnb would not fit the Y with out an adapter.

My lnb looking at it is like D shaped if that tells anything

Trido

Using a dish 500 on the west coast , Nevada actually and get about 100 on all the transponders I tried. Skew is set to zero as well.

It is better to utilize the larger collector for 61.5 especially in the West coast. That bird just sits too darned low. I modified a 18" d* dish to fit a DP head and pointed it at 61.5 but fortunately it's only temporary. I know when it rains I'm going to lose it, but that's the price one pays when bird shooting is a hobby and not a chore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts