Dish 500 vs Dish 300 for 61.5

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I put up an older I think they where called DISh 300(original 18" dish) for 61.5.

Signal sorta weak most TP around 78.

I put on a new Dish Pro dual LNB with it.
A customer of mine came in friday said he would give me a DISH 500 if I wanted, now he used it for 110,119 sats.

I think it has a TWIN lnb (non PRO )

If thats right and with my DP 44 switch I would need my new dual LNB.I think I can get a I adapter or some adapter needed to put my pro dual lnb on dish 500 arm.

So I guess the question is I think a 500 dish is a bit larger would I see any increase in signal.

Trido

dfergie said:
You should, you can put the Dp lnb on one side of the Y , set the skew to zero...
Ok thanks well I have not seen a Dish 500 but thought my dish pro dual lnb would not fit the Y with out an adapter.

My lnb looking at it is like D shaped if that tells anything

Trido

Using a dish 500 on the west coast , Nevada actually and get about 100 on all the transponders I tried. Skew is set to zero as well.

It is better to utilize the larger collector for 61.5 especially in the West coast. That bird just sits too darned low. I modified a 18" d* dish to fit a DP head and pointed it at 61.5 but fortunately it's only temporary. I know when it rains I'm going to lose it, but that's the price one pays when bird shooting is a hobby and not a chore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts