Dish 500 with dp twin for 77

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I am using a dish 1000.2 to get 119, 110 and 129. For my hd locals I am using a left over 500 with a dp twin lnb for 77. Going by dishpointer I have the 500 elevation at 44, the azimuth at 174 and the skew at 80. It works, but the best signal strength i can get on transponder 4 is 31. My neighbor has a 1000.4 and he gets 51 on transponder 4. Any suggestions on how to tweak this better?

Hi, maybe try a Dish Pro single LNB. My understanding on the DP twin is they use a lot of power to run them, you might be overloading your receiver.

Also note that when peaking a dish that has only one circular LNB the skew does not mater so just set the dish at zero and carefully peak it with azimuth and elevation only.

Hope this helps, DC

Hi, maybe try a Dish Pro single LNB. My understanding on the DP twin is they use a lot of power to run them, you might be overloading your receiver.

Also note that when peaking a dish that has only one circular LNB the skew does not mater so just set the dish at zero and carefully peak it with azimuth and elevation only.

Hope this helps, DC

Yeah I was thinking of getting a single lnb, just had this laying around. I understand setting it to 90 on the single, but I read somewhere when using a twin you have to set the skew as it is not centered. That is interesting about the twin using more power, could be true. Thanks for the advice.

Running the twin in to the triple will cause problems eventually.

Use a Dishpro single or dual (not legacy) with a single lnb adapter ("I" bracket) instead of the "Y" bracket on the 500 dish with skew at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)