dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishseeker

Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
the second won't pick up the dish signal on channel 21 or 73 the picture won't come clear I tried adjusting the satelite and transponders nothing changed help me please!

the second won't pick up the dish signal on channel 21 or 73 the picture won't come clear I tried adjusting the satelite and transponders nothing changed help me please!

OK, let's try again. Channel 21 would either be a local OTA not received by the satellite, or it would be a channnel mapdown from a DISH local. You say it isn't coming in clear. Does that mean it is breaking up, or that it is snowy like a weak analog signal?

I have no idea what channel 71 is. That is beyond the local channel range and DISH generally puts stuff above channel 100, except for a couple of shopping channels.

Do you receive channel 100 and/or 101? Those are fundamental satellite signals. If not, you need to go to the dish setup screen and look to see you are receiving a signal. The dish setup screen is menu 6-1-1 on all receivers. You then enter your zip-code and it will return an azmith, elevation and skew setting. After making sure your mast is plumb (use a carpenter's level), set the skew and elevation settings using the markings on the dish. then use a compass to find the specified azmith. adjust azmith slowly while watching the TV. You will see the signal go up and the tone will change on the audio as well. After you get one satellite peaked, verify that you are receiving signal on the other satellite. You may need to play with elevation a bit to tweek both signals.

If this isn't the solution, you will need to explain the problem in more detail.

Well this dish prompts to use channels 21-69 air or 70-124 cable so I used the uhf signal with channel 21 and the signal is strong with the first tv but the second one is snowy

You need to set the channel number for the second TV using the menus. This is explained in the dish manual on hooking up the second TV. Tyhe second tuner is generally on a different TV channel. That way the second TV can receive outputs from both tuners. I forget what the defaults are.

You need to set the channel number for the second TV using the menus. This is explained in the dish manual on hooking up the second TV. Tyhe second tuner is generally on a different TV channel. That way the second TV can receive outputs from both tuners. I forget what the defaults are.

Yes, this sounds like an issue using TV2, which wouldn't really have anything to do with the dish itself. I've had some issues getting TV2 from my vip622 to work well with a nineteen year-old Samsung. Check the manual and come back in with more detail (receiver model #, tv make and model, etc) if that doesn't work.

This thread should probably be moved to the Dish forums.

i think "dishseeker" is having a TV2 problem. not a sat signal problem. sounds like hes trying to run a TV2 with a mirror.

dishseeker, depending on your cabling, quality of splitters, diplexing situation, etc, either you need better parts, cable, or perhaps a signal amplifier.

perhaps you should call an installer? these situations can be troublesome for the uninitiated....

snowy

Yes I will get more details tonight, I do think I need some different cable or a splitter I will post tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts