Dish 500

markj_354

Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
I have a dish 500 that is a legacy. Is there a switch that I can use to hook up to a 921, also would like to know if I can run one cable to the 921 and split it to input 1 & 2? Do I need a certain switch for this ? I do have the DP34.
Thanks,
markj_354

markj_354 said:
I have a dish 500 that is a legacy. Is there a switch that I can use to hook up to a 921,
I'm confused by this. What type of LNB's are on there..2 duals, a Twin, a Quad?
also would like to know if I can run one cable to the 921 and split it to input 1 & 2?
nope. you need 2 lines from the dish or switch. DishProPlus is coming out and that allows you to split the line
Do I need a certain switch for this ? I do have the DP34.
a switch to split the line? can't be done.
You cannot mix DishPro (DP34) and Legacy equipnment together. Are you sure you have Legacy LNB's (They dont have a big DP logo on it). You would need 2 lines from the dish to the 921. If its maxed out, either get a quad or a SW64, or switch the LNB to a DishPro Twin.

Thanks for your help, my LNB'S are duel and I'm assuming that they are legacy because there are no markings that say dishpro.

Mark

dual or twin?

The duals are smaller (they look at one location) and would require a SW21 switch tro combine both

A Twin has 2 eyes and it twice the size. It would fit right in the "Y" adapter. This needs no additional switches to get both satellites :)

If the 921 is your only receiver then your dish set up will work fine. You need two lines from the dish to the inputs on the box. If you have the smaller dual LNBs you'd need either 2 SW21 or a SW44/64. If you have a twin just run both lines to the box.

The idea that Legacy and DishPro are incompatible is only half true. You can use Legacy LNBs and switches for any receiver. If you have dishpro lnbs or switches you need dishpro receivers or adapters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts