Dish 5000 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
Will Dish activate my old Dish 5000 receiver? I have an old DISHPVR 301 that locksup about once a week and I was thinking about replacing it with the older 5000. It would feed older TVs that are standard definition.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

What version smart card is in the 5000? Not familiar with DISHPVR 301. DP 301????? If you are currently a E* customer call, 1 800 333 3474 and inquire about the 5000.........

Current software 8.70 should allow the 5000 to take a hit. If that SF isn't loaded, connect to a good leg. lnb looking at 110/119, turn 5000 off for 30 min or so and SF should load. Then call.

You will also want to make sure that your current dish will support the 5000 receiver. Your 301 is Dish Pro compatible, so your dish may have have Dish Pro LNBs/Switches in it. These will not work with legacy receivers (any receiver with a 4 digit model number is a legacy receiver) unless you have a dish pro adapter. If you post your current check switch results from the 301, we can tell you if you will need a DP adapter. For those of you curious about the 5000 model receivers see here Tech Portal : 5000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts