Dish 501/508/510 P3.03 Update

4 bugs in PVR 5xx

I never would have called 'em "black screens", but a serious crash of the PVRs firmware.
However, I certainly do know what ya mean!
Seems to have to do with getting into it too deeply while recording, but I never put a finger on exactly what caused it.

Ya ever notice how the menu loses blue when ending a playback, sometimes?
It's very disturbing. But that's easily cleared.

After hearing about the 'skip back' after changing from forward to play, I've actually seen that now.
It almost slipped by me.

As for the stupid pixelization problem, that's been with us since we went to version P300.
I'm at P302 and refusing the P303 update 'till I hear something good about it.

I have P303 on both now. Crossing Fingers. My wife said it messed up on her already as far as the Skip Back problem, I couldn't duplicate it.

Now that you mention it, I have seen the Pixilation problem show up also.(on p302)

Got 3.03 the other day and had audio dropout last night. Was listening to sirius, went to take a shower, came back to no audio. Rewound back and at some point it just cut out for no reason, wasn't a sirius problem. Not happy, hopefully it's isolated...

Wow, my 508 must have started overheating at the same time. :) Black screen, fairly easy to reproduce by creating / editing timers, even when not recording at the time.

I'll have to see if 3.03 has helped in this area.

I know how we can all make this go away, just download the software update called "Directv" and we'll be all set...

Oh, the manual REW and FF does mess up, but it's been doing that for a while...Rewind a minute too fast and it just acts like I never did it and goes back to live...Same with FF, what a joke...

Well now that Pixilization problem was mentioned, I can't help but notice it, Thanks for pointing it out, its like an itch that won't go away.

Just for that, Everyone who reads this will forever see the right arrow in the Fedex logo on every truck they encounter, why, only because I told you, WUHAHAHA!!! Can't insert image properly so look at my avatar!!!

Seriusly though, I haven't had it crash editing timers or deleting while recording.
I did notice the skip back problem still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts