Dish 501/508/510 software version 304

Picked up P304 last night on my 510's. I didn't have enough time to play with it to see if it fixed the problems associated with P303. I did notice that after trying to leave the software screen it went into the acquiring satellite screen and froze. I was able to turn the box off and on with the remote which resolved that issue for now. Cautiously optimistic

It did take longer than normal to update this time, I should have mentioned that...and it had a little trouble actually acquiring the update...But hey, when you're actually fixing something I guess you need more time...

I am still having problems with my 501 with the new p304 code...
Is anyone else experiencing problems with their remotes in that when you have your EPG, or search screens up the cursor will continue to scroll down the page for a several seconds after you have pressed the button? Before you ask, i have replaced the batteries and even tried changing the remote's id code...

Well I put my 510's through their paces last night. I am sad to say that they are pretty much the same. When pausing a live program the picture becomes soft sometimes with a lot of flutter as I call it. They still will pixelate when using ff,rew,and or pause. Maybe not as much as before. If I could only go back to P302. The only positive thing I noticed is the audio seems to be stable now.

Improved.....eh...fixed?

My 510 updated last night and now it's at 304. I now have my picture quality back that 303 took from me. You can REALLY notice picture quality changes on my new Sharp LCD Tv. When I got the Tv, the SW level was 302 and the PQ looked really good, then 303 came along and degraded my PQ. Now, right after the update to 304, even my wife said "Wow, what a difference!". So far so good with 304 on my 510.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)