Dish 501/508/510 software version 304

Not the best title for this thread. Maybe a moderator can change it. It's not all 5xx receivers. It's only the 501, 508, and 510. The 522 is NOT getting this software.

My 510 still shows me with version 302. How can I get it to update? And does anyone know if this fixes the FF bug?

chaddux said:
Not the best title for this thread. Maybe a moderator can change it. It's not all 5xx receivers. It's only the 501, 508, and 510. The 522 is NOT getting this software.
Done. :)

LER

Smith said:
So far those numbers affecting 30945274...33490273, 53090274...53535273.
Figures. My 501 is 3727xxxx.

And considering we're only a couple of hours from ending DST, I don't think it's a fix for that.

Well my EPG is wrong...again...

I haven't gotten 304 yet, but i'll bet 100 bucks it fixed/added NOTHING to the box except more glitches. Ya know, like the last few updates have all done. Maybe they can cram a "pepsi" logo somewhere this time and make a few more bucks...

"Your Check Switch has been brought to you by Cool, Crisp, Refreshing Lipton BRISK Iced Tea..."

I can see it now.. while you are waiting for the guide to download, there sits a can of 7UP with ice crystals sliding down the outside...as it slowly spins for two and a half minutes...
Gawd, don't give 'em any ideas!
:)

Might actually be kind of cool to see something besides the usual "no info" or "Downloading guide information" screens...

Maybe instead of "This channel has been blacked out in your area", they can show a flash animation of dakota fanning being abducted by iraqi citizens...

If it was the daylight savings update, well it screwed up my recordings scheduled between then and today (31st). Everything is off by an hour!!! I sure wish they could get this done right for a change!!!!

My 501 got the new software. The only obvious thing I noticed is that the 129 satellite is no longer included in the "Peak Angles" screen.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
My 501 got the new software. The only obvious thing I noticed is that the 129 satellite is no longer included in the "Peak Angles" screen.

NightRyder

My 501 is on 3.03 and I don't think the 129 is there either in the Peak Angles. I'm gonna check when I get home but I am sure 129 is not there because I tried to look for the Peak Angles a few weeks ago and they were not there.

RandallA said:
My 501 is on 3.03 and I don't think the 129 is there either in the Peak Angles. I'm gonna check when I get home but I am sure 129 is not there because I tried to look for the Peak Angles a few weeks ago and they were not there.

My 508 still has 3.03 and 129 is on the list.

NightRyder

Well, I checked and my 501 doesn't have 129 in the Peak Angles screen. I knew I wasn't going crazy. 129 shows in the signal strength screen but not on the Peak Angles screen. ;)

I finally gave in this morning and downloaded it since no one here posted anything, and to my amazement the FF/Rewind bug is gone. Now When I start at point A ,FF 3 minutes and press play (point b), I don't go a minute before Point A, I'm at point B, like it used to be.

Seems to have restored the stability of my 510. I'm stunned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)