Dish 508 119 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

desiguy2447

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
My 508 has started having 119 channel problems almost everyday out of the blue while watching TV. If one does a channel up or down you will be greeted with 119 is not found. After twenty minutes 119 will show up again.

could my 508 be going bad? I also have HD 211, and a HD 6000 both of which do not have this problem.

thanks

Swap the 211 where the 508 is located. If the problem follows you have a bad cable going to the 508 location. If it doesn't then the problem is probably with the 508. These 5xx receivers are known for the satellite tuner going out.

I finally swapped my 508 with my 6000 as requested by Dish tech, and still had the same issues. Called Dish tech back and finally got them to send out another 508 which should come in three days hopefully.

Having the Dish protection plan at $5.99 finally paid for itself since my 508 is about three years old.

desiguy2447 said:
Having the Dish protection plan at $5.99 finally paid for itself since my 508 is about three years old.

Does anyone know what the cost would have been without the insurance?

Does Echostar offer refurbed units in this situation?

What other options are there? eBay I guess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts