Dish 522 Dual Receiver Tuners Switched

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
My 3 or 4 year old Dish 522 dual tuner receiver has a problem that started a few nights ago. I had to power it off (5 seconds pressing front power button) when it would no longer pick up my local channels. I was receiving a "searching for satellite signal" type of on-screen message. I left it powered off all night.

My tuner #2 is used in another part of the house (via RF remote) and tuner #1 is always my base TV where the receiver is located.

Now when I record a show using my tuner #1 remote it records as a receiver #2 recorded show. Also, all of my past tuner #1 recordings are now showing up as tuner #2 recordings when I press the grey DVR button. Also, when I am recording a show using tuner #1 remote the front of my receiver does show a red TV #1 light indicating that tuner #1 is recording however it is recorded as tuner #2 on my previous recording list.

I also just now discovered that I have picture in picture (for the first time ever) using the tuner #1 remote, but I don't want it. These tuners must be kept separate. I have not moved any cables at all in about a month.

I have no idea what I have done but for my situation I must get my tuners returned to normal.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Dave

Sounds like you may have pushed the MODE button on the front of the receiver switching it to single mode. Just push the button again to set it back.

All Fixed

Sounds like you may have pushed the MODE button on the front of the receiver switching it to single mode. Just push the button again to set it back.
It was just that simple, everything now works properly. Thanks boba. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)