VIP722 Turns On By Itself

mickey8648

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
All too often the past few weeks I have found my VIP722 powered up. Sometimes its overnight, sometimes during the day. I've turned other units in the house off and on to be sure that the signal isn't activating the 722 (it isn't) from those rooms. This is a real mystery to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:rant:I have also disabled any and all timers that may be causing this.

Last edited:
Just one, two houses down the street. Probably too far away to matter. At least 50-75 yards with obstructions. Thanks..............

My vip722 stops schedualed recordings on tv1 and tv2 at 6:13 each morning.
The recordings are set to recorde from 6: - 7:00 am. Tech chat did no good.
I live with if for now.

Mine does it too. I come in in the am, or after I get home from work and itll be on. Very strange, and my closest neighbor with dish is 3 yards to the right.

Very strange, and my closest neighbor with dish is 3 yards to the right.
elwaylite - 3 yards is only 9 feet. That's not that far and totally understandable that his remote could contol your receiver.

Heck, I can control my own receiver when I'm at least 5 yards to the left or the right...:D

I live with if for now.
I've reported many months ago about my 722 saying that it is User 1 stopping it at 4:12 MST/MDT (mountain) and losing a recording. No one ever confirmed this. It still does this, but not every time, although I am more likely to send the recording to the other 722 or preferably reschedule it, if I can. No this is not the nightly reset. Most of the overnight recordings are on this older 722. The newer gets all the daily news and evening shows. I don't know if it the older age or just my reception.... Temps are higher than for many because of high elevations here.
-Ken

I live with if for now.

Mine does the exact thing at 5:13 am central time. I used to try to record Morning Joe at 5:00am Mon-Friday and it would stop every day at that time. So I decided to start a manual timer for 5:15-8:00am and I catch all but 15 minutes of the show now. It is really a time related glitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)